Getting started building themes
This guide describes the basic steps for getting started to build a theme for ShopBase.
The first step in building a theme for ShopBase is to join the ShopBase Partner Program by creating a partner account.
After you create a partner account, check out the following tools and resources to help you get started:
- 1.Create a new empty Github repo (public or private) and remember its' url (eg: https://github.com/ShopBaseCom/starter-theme).
- 2.From your ShopBase Partner Admin, go to Public Themes.
- 3.Click Create Theme
- 4.Give your theme a name
- 5.In the Theme details section, write your theme description and 2 thumbnails of Desktop and Mobile.
- 6.In the Connect to repository section, enter the repository URL where you store your theme code.
- 7.Hit Save.
- 1.From theme detail page, click Create new version
- 2.Enter the description of this version. For eg. Submit the first time
- 3.Hit Save as draft or Submit for Review (Only Submit when you make sure your theme is fully tested and works)
- 4.Select the store that you want to install the theme version to test.